Organized by the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes and
JustFilms - Ford Foundation, with the support of the CNC
and in association with l’OEil d’or – Documentary Award.
Tuesday 21 May 2019
9:30 — 12:00 : Plage du Gray d’Albion
• Welcoming Café & Croissants.
• Opening words by Jérôme Paillard, Executive Director, Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes and Frédérique Bredin, President, Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée (CNC), and Julie Bertuccelli, President, LaScam.
• Opening Keynote by by Alessia Sonaglioni, Executive Director, European Women’s Audiovisual Network (EWA).
• A conversation with Yolande Zauberman, Filmmaker & President of the L’OEil d’or – Cannes Documentary Award 2019 Jury. Moderated by Elisabeth Franck-Dumas, Film Critic, Libération.
• Filming the war from within - For Sama (Official Selection, Special Screening) A Filmmakers’ Testimony & Documentary Case Study – With Co-Directors Waad al-Kateab and Edward Watts, Impact Producer Erika Howard (FRONTLINE, PBS) and Sales Agent Salma Abdalla (Autlook Filmsales). Moderated by Wendy Mitchell, Film Festival Consultant and Journalist, Screen International.
15:30 — 17:30 : Olympia Theatre
• Welcoming words by by Fabienne Hanclot, Managing Director, ACID.
• Documenting social struggles with Filmmakers Lech Kowalski (On va tout péter/Blow it to bits, in selection, Directors’Fortnight), Aude Chevalier-Beaumel and Marcelo Barbosa (Indianara, in selection, ACID). Moderated by Laurent Bécue-Renard, Filmmaker & member of ACID board of administration.
• What do media outlets have to bring to (not-just-investigative) documentary filmmaking with Lindsay Crouse, Coordinating Producer for the New York Times Op-Docs series, and Horia El Hadad, Documentary Producer at Al Jazeera English, Doha. Moderated by Matt Mueller, Editor, Screen International.
• Closing Keynote by Kamal Sinclair, Senior Consultant at Sundance Institute & Future Architect at Office of Sharon Chang, sharing the highlights of Making A New Reality, a year-long research project about inclusion and diversity in emerging media, and an inspiration for the role storytellers can play in activating a positive collective imagination for the future.
18:00 — 20:00 : Plage des Palmes
• Doc Lovers Mixer (by invitation only)
20:00 — 22:00 : Les Arcades Theatre
Solo, by Artemio Benki (in selection, ACID)
Access: Marché badge or invitation